About Me

My photo
Keene, New Hampshire, United States
My name is Gretchen Harbourt. I am 26 years old and I go to Keene State College. I am majoring in BS in Management and BA in Music History and Literature. I will graduate in 2011. I also went to Greenfield Community College before transfering to Keene State and graduated from Pioneer Valley Reginal High School in 2003.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Good Services vs. Bad Services





Services as we discussed in class is diffucult to differentiate their quality because they are intangible. Often times a service can charge extra fees and charge alot of money where a customer is left completely blind in knowing if the costs are legitamate or not. For example if there is a fee with a weird title on your cell phone bill or your tuition for the semester it makes you often wonder if you really need this fee and if it's legitamate.

Alot of times we have to test the quality of a service. We have to try a few sessions to see if we really like the quality of it, if it feels good, and if we would like to continue or go else where. In my expierence there are differences in quality of voice lessons. A really good teacher makes things "click" in an educational sense, is not extremely expensive, and does not waste your time with small talk while they should be teaching. On the other hand I've also had bad exiperences with a voice teacher where they would charge me 60.00 an hour, put a timer on (and made this obvious that I was taking up their valuable time) which can make a client uncomfortable, and this voice teacher talked the whole time rather than taught as well as complained that accompianying my pieces was too annoying or diffucult. After three lessons I realized the quality wasn't their especially for the price. I wasn't about to pay 60.00 an hour for small talk when nothing even got done. I would have gladly paid the 60.00 for a quality lesson that made me feel good and allowed me to grow as a singer but not for that. In this regard its pretty obvious that services are diffucult to identify the quality. We as consumers need to try them out to see if they are worth it or not because they are not tangible.

Can you recall a negative expierence of services that you needed to try out to see if it was worth it? Did you learn something from it? Did you go elsewhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment